Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day before marathon thoughts

OK, went to the expo this morning and got my race packet/number, so now I just need to get things ready for the morning and I'll be good to go. Hoping to get at least a reasonable amount of sleep tonight (5-6 hours), we'll see how that goes.

I haven't really said anything about my goal time for tomorrow. Last year I was a little under 3 1/2 hours, which allowed me to qualify for the Boston Marathon (an advantage to aging is slightly easier qualifying times...). Since I am not going for a Boston qualifying time this year, and with a long year to go, I'll back off that pace a little and hope to get something around 3:40 or 3:45. If I start getting too sore or tired towards the end, I'll do a little bit of walking and may come in somewhat slower. The only way I can see coming is faster is if I just have one of those days where the stars and planets align and everything feels great. Stay tuned :)


*****************************************************************************
Please see this website to read more about the HFK program and to make donations:
RMI Hope For Kidz Website Link

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment