Thursday, May 21, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new

Couple of equipment changes are in the works, starting with a new bike! I finally found the right bike at the right price, and was able to purchase a new Cervelo P2. It should get here in a week or two, and I'll have to post a couple pics once I get it set up :) Now I just have to figure out which of the older bikes to sell. I could get a little more money out of my Cervelo Dual, but since the geometry is the same and it's been such a great bike; I could also keep it as my backup bike (or for rougher rides) and use it in the computrainer. The other bike is a Trek 1000 that has hardly been ridden outdoors, mostly just had it on the trainer. It's a convenient way to go, since I just leave it hooked into the computrainer and don't have to worry about setting it up and breaking it down. Decisions, decisions...

Speaking of computrainer, that's the other equipment change. I was able to get a great deal on a new Lab version, which seemed like a good idea since I know I'll be using it for years to come. That leaves the older one that needs to be sold. I'm not a big fan of the whole selling used equipment process, but hopefully I'll be able to get these things taken care of without too much hassle.

OK, back to training now. Gonna try to get in a 100 mile bike ride tomorrow, cause that's now my definition of a vacation day! Don't forget to check out the link to the Hope For Kidz website, it's a really great cause for some really great kids.


*****************************************************************************
Please see this website to read more about the HFK program and to make donations:
RMI Hope For Kidz Website Link

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment