Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here we go again

Back into full-blown training mode now. Multiple workouts most days, lots of miles... fun stuff! Did a 73 mile bike ride on Saturday, followed by a 3 mile run. Then 8 mile run on Sunday. Trying to get plenty of swim/bike/run during the week; and then next Saturday I'm doing an 80 mile organized ride (Hill Country Classic). The long rides and runs seem easier than they did a couple years ago, but they still take a lot of time. That's really the biggest issue for me, the time. I enjoy the physical part of the training, but there are only so many hours in a day and lots of other things to get done. That's part of the reason I'm enjoying the computrainer so much, as it allows me to be more flexible in the timing of the weekday bike training (plus there's not as much prep time involved).

Another thing I'm doing this year is participating on a race committee for a local triathlon. I'm responsible for the swim portion. The race directors know their stuff, so I'm mostly just following their lead and trying to learn something in the process. It's amazing how many details there are to consider.

*****************************************************************************
Please see this website to read more about the HFK program and to make donations:
RMI Hope For Kidz Website Link

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment