Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Must allow for fun!


I did a 5K run this past weekend, and was reminded that these events can be a lot more fun when you take the pressure off yourself in regards to performance. Since I didn't have any particular goals or specific time that I was shooting for, I simply showed up for the race and had a great time! I did very well (for me); so it wasn't a matter of how hard I raced; it was just the mental perspective of not being overly concerned with how I did. I really need to take more of that perspective into my goal races... I've done the training and preparation, so now go out and give it my best shot and let the chips fall where they may :) Easier said than done for the big races, but worrying doesn't help your time any, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment