Saturday, April 25, 2009

PoppyFest bike ride

I wasn't sure that I was going to do this one, so I didn't have it as part of the originally published race schedule. But I did a short trainer ride on Thursday and felt fine, so I decided to go ahead and do it. This is a 62 mile supported ride through some off the path county roads... fairly small but well run and organized. My friend Barry rode with me, and we just treated it as a supported training day. Stopped at two of the rest stops, and kept a steady but moderated pace. It was a nice way to start getting back into things after the marathon. The next few weeks will have a pretty heavy bike focus, since I've been concentrating more on the swim and the run up until now.

*****************************************************************************
Please see this website to read more about the HFK program and to make donations:
RMI Hope For Kidz Website Link

*****************************************************************************
Race Schedule:

January 11: RunTex 20 Miler (20 mile run) -> COMPLETED

January 25: Frost Yer Fanny Duathlon (27.2 miles run/bike/run) -> COMPLETED


February 15: Austin Marathon (26.2 mile run)-> COMPLETED


April 5: Lonestar 1/2 Ironman Triathlon (70.3 miles swim/bike/run) -> COMPLETED


April 20: Boston Marathon (26.2 mile run) -> COMPLETED

September 19: Redman ironman distanceTriathlon (140.6 miles swim/bike/run)

October 25: Longhorn 1/2 Ironman Triathlon (70.3 miles swim/bike/run)

November 29: Ironman Cozumel Triathlon (140.6 miles swim/bike/run)

No comments:

Post a Comment